How to teach your child about Veterans
It’s important that children now the meaning behind the holidays we celebrate. They should mean more than just a day off of work or school. You can help your child develop his or her character by showing your appreciation and understanding of what Veteran’s Day really means. Here are some ways to get started.
Veteran’s Day in Preschool terms
- A veteran is someone who used to be in the military: U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard.
- Veteran’s Day is a day we set aside every year on November 11, to honor all americans (dead or alive) who protected and fought for our country in the United States Military.
- Tell your child who you know that is a veteran.
- Talk about famous veterans like George Washington, JFK or…
Celebrate Veteran’s Day and Honor Our Veterans by:
- Visiting a friend or family member who served and thanking them.
- Sending a letter, picture or gift to a friend or family member to thank them for protecting us.
- Volunteering or making a donation to Operation Gratitude. They put together and hand out care packages to veterans thanking them for their service.