Homemade Play Dough
How to make homemade play dough
What You Need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Food coloring
- Food extracts, such as almond, vanilla, lemon or peppermint
- Objects to stick in the dough, such as Popsicle sticks and straws
- Objects to pound with, such as a toy mallet
- Objects to make impressions with, such as jar lids, cookie cutters and bottle caps
Make the Play Dough:
- Add the food coloring to the water. Then mix all of the ingredients together in a pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until it forms a soft ball.
- Let the mixture cool. Knead slightly. Add food extracts to different chunks of the dough to make different smells.