Visiting & EnrollingIS THERE A WAITING LIST? WHEN CAN WE START?
Enrollment applications are accepted year round. Packets can be completed in our main office when you visit. Or completed online with Acrobat and printed at home. | Spaces open up year round as children are promoted from one classroom or program to the next.
The earlier you apply the better. Children on our waiting list always have priority. | Spaces can also be reserved ahead of time by paying the registration fee and the first month of tuition in advance. For example, if you are interested in starting three months from now, we can reserve the space, if it will be available, today.
Call 818-992-1942 to find out what openings/start dates we currently have available.WHAT SHOULD I BRING FOR THE VISIT?
– Your child, if you would like
– A mental or prepared list of questions you have
Ready to enroll?
– Enrollment Forms
– Credit card or check for registration fee and first month of tuitionSHOULD I BRING MY CHILD DURING VISIT?
Absolutely! Your child is welcome to visit too. It’s up to you.CAN I VISIT ANYTIME?
Visits are usually scheduled M-F 9:00-11:00. You should expect to spend about 1/2 hour visiting. You are always welcome to stay longer. Your child is welcome to visit too. Please schedule your visit online HERE or give us a call 818-992-1942.
Currently enrolled families are welcome to drop in anytime.HOW LONG IS THE VISIT?
Visits usually last about 1/2 hour. You are welcome to stay longer if you like. We can also speed up the visit for you. It’s up to you.HOW DO WE ENROLL & START?
It’s easy! Just fill out the Enrollment Forms
. Then fax, email or bring them in with a credit card or check for the registration fee and first month of tuition.
Schedules & CalendarsHOW CAN I BE INVOLVED? WHAT ARE YOUR ANNUAL EVENTS??
You are welcome to visit the classrooms at any time. Come eat lunch with us. Drop by and tell us a story or show us something special. Or just take a break, have a seat, and enjoy the children. Signup to volunteer here. Every month you are always invited to attend our optional field trip for 2-6 year olds and enjoy one of our Annual Events:WHAT ARE THE CLASS SCHEDULES?
Each Classroom has thier own Google Calendar Schedule posted under the Happy Times Tab. In addition, you’ll find curriculum information, newsletters, lunch & snack menus etc. Please check it out. Here’s a sample schedule for our Busy Bees.WHEN WILL THE SCHOOL BE CLOSED?
Halsey Schools is open M-F 6:30-6:30 year-round & only closed about 9 times a year on national Holidays: Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Martin Luther King Jr., Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence DayIS HALSEY SCHOOLS OPEN DURING THE SUMMER?
Yes! The learning fun doesn’t end at Halsey Schools; The summer is when it really takes off! We will have tons of fun summer activities like water play, field trips (3 years+), bouncer parties, picnics, snow cone party, pony rides, dress up days and continued hands-on learning at Camp Halsey.
Currently enrolled families automatically continue for the summer. New families can start at anytime as long as space is available. Hours remain the same Monday through Friday 6:30-6:30.
Teacher Education & InformationWHY ARE HALSEY SCHOOLS' TEACHERS THE BEST?
We all follow this Mission Statement
Interactively teach children with love, compassion, joy, wonder and excitement in a safe, secure, encouraging, happy environment where parents and co-workers learn appropriate behavior and child development techniques from our actions too.
- Always teach children and parents with a smile
- Alway greet children and parents by name with a smile
- Always encourage and share your ideas with co-workers and parents
- Always be positive and reassuring
- Always get to know each individual child’s personality, special needs and quirks
- Always keep learning and improving yourself
Questions Halsey Schools’ teachers are always asking themselves:
- Am I doing something now that will make a parent refer Halsey Schools to a friend?
- Is a child, parent or teacher learning from what I’m doing now?
- Am I smiling?
- Am I being friendly?
Halsey Schools = LearningWHAT ARE THE TEACHER/CHILD RATIOS?
Our low ratios provide consistent personal interaction and group socialization. There are no more than 3-4 children per teacher in the Infant Center, 6-8 in the Toddler Center and 10-12 in the Preschool.WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS OF THE TEACHERS?
All teachers hold their Early Childhood Development Credential and are certified in CPR and First Aid. Every classroom uses co-teaching instead of teachers and aides. We do not have less qualified aides or assistants. Everyone is a fully qualified teacher. Learn more about our teachers at the Happy Teachers Menu Link above.ARE BACKGROUND CHECKS PREFORMED?
Absolutely. Every teachers goes through a complete finger printing and background check through the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). All our teachers have squeaky clean records, years of experience and excellent educational and personal qualifications.
Children’s NeedsHOW WILL I KNOW HOW MY CHILD IS DOING?
All of us at HALSEY SCHOOLS do our best to keep you informed. This website is just one of the ways we strive to keep you up to date. You can also follow us on FACEBOOK, GOOGLE+ and TWITTER. And look for signs and postings in each classroom. Every month you’ll find a new newsletter here which you can also subscribe to. You can also speak to any of the teachers at anytime, set up conferences, call us, email us. The options seem endless.
• Daily Written Reports
• Ask a Teacher
• Regular Assessments & Conferences
• Discovery Weeks & Report Cards
• Call, email, IM us, Drop in anytime
• Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Reminders and Emergency Notifications: Email us at [email protected] or text @halsey to 81010 to join our reminder & emergency texting and emailing plan.
Emergency Notifications Only: Email us at [email protected] or text @emergency to 81010 to join our emergency only texting and emailing plan. You should have an out of state friend or relative subscribe to this. This way if we are able to get messages out but you are not able to receive you’ll have someone out of state you may be able to get a hold of. Learn about our EMERGENCY PLAN HERE.WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO SCHOOL?
Every child has his/her own cubbie and infants & toddler have their own refrigerator space. Please bring:
• Change of clothes & shoes
• Small sheet & blanket in small bag
• No pillows please
• Sack lunch/sign-up for hot lunch
• Back pack and/or carrying bag
• Please do not send car seats
• Summer add towel, water shoes, hat, sunglasses sun block & swim suit/diaper
(Additions-Infants & Toddlers)
• Diapers & wipes, 2+ changes of clothes
• Sippy cups, bottles, food etcWHAT SHOULD MY CHILD WEAR?
We recommend the children be dressed in comfortable, washable clothing and Velcro
strapped shoes that adapt well to food spills, paint, sand, water play and more. Your child’s clothes will get ‘dirty.’ Extra labeled clothes are a must. Please do not send children to school in:
• Flip Flops (sandals o.k. if strapped.)
• One Piece Outfits (infants o.k.)
• Formal Outfits, Pajamas, Costumes
• High heel shoes, Dress up outfits
• Stirrup Pants, Bathing suits
• Jewelry (It may be lost)
• No overalls during potty training
• No overnight diapersARE IMMUNIZATIONS REQUIRED?HOW ARE ALLERGIES MANAGED?
CAN I COME IN TO BREAST FEED?
- If a child has a food allergy, all employees are informed and we make note of the allergy on our allergy document hung by food & snacks. Parents can also let us know if they want us to ONLY serve food provided by the parents.
- If a child has a severe allergy and requires an EpiPen, parents must provide the EpiPen and complete Parent Consent For Administration of Medications LIC 9221. All teachers are trained to use EpiPens and will be informed of the allergy.
Absolutely. Parents can drop in anytime and breast feeding is welcome.
Policies, Procedures, PlansDO I REALLY NEED TO SIGN MY CHILD IN/OUT?
Sign in/out stations are provided in each building and every child must be signed in/out everyday. Only people on the pickup authorization form you complete are allowed to pickup your child. If you will be sending someone else to pickup your child, we will need a note from you and the person picking up will be asked for i.d.SHOULD I INFORM YOU IF MY CHILD WILL BE OUT OR DROPPED OFF LATE?
YES! Please write us a note or give us a call. Preschool children should be at school by 9:00CAN MY CHILD BE ADMINISTERED MEDICATION AT SCHOOL?
Yes, with a doctor’s note or prescription. Please complete the medication form weekly. If a child has a fever, we cannot administer medication and he/she cannot come to school. He/She needs your special love and attention. Please bring the medication in to the school yourself and hand directly to an adult. Never give it to the child or leave it in his/her bag etc.CAN MY CHILD STAY PAST PICKUP TIME?
If you need to keep your child here later (not after 6:30) on an emergency basis, please give us a call or a note. The charge will only be $5 an hour. After 6:30 late fees start at $1 per minute. Regular late fees after 12:30 and 3:00 are $10 per 15 minutes. You may want to change your child’s schedule if you find you can not make your pickup time.CAN I HELP OUT ON A FIELD TRIP?
Of course! You are always welcome to attend field trips or visit the school at anytime. Field Trips are open to children 3 years old and potty trained. Halsey T-Shirt & permission slip required.MAY I DONATE TOYS, CLOTHES & SUPPLIES?
Yes! Out grown toys & clothes get an exciting new life in our classrooms. Please take a look at our parent requested wish lists posted in the classrooms. The children love ordinary household items you might toss out; suits, ties, dresses, handbags, spoons… We can always use: empty paper towel roles, empty toilet paper rolls, ‘G’ rated magazines…WHAT IS YOUR DISCIPLINE POLICY?
At Halsey Schools we use a positive and proactive approach to discipline. Read our detailed plan HERE.WHAT IS YOUR EMERGENCY PLAN?
All teachers are CPR & First Aid Certified and have been trained in emergency and disaster preparedness as well as illness and disease prevention and control. We provide a wide range of in-service training seminars, at least monthly, to keep certifications and training up to date and accurate. Prepare, Plan & Practice; read our detailed plan here.WHAT IS YOUR ILLNESS POLICY? CAN MY CHILD COME TO SCHOOL SICK?
At Halsey Schools we follow a strict illness policy to help keep your child from getting ill too often. Wash, Clean, Sanitize. Stay home if ill. Read our detailed policy here.
Tuition & BillingHOW MUCH IS TUITION?HOW SHOULD I PAY MY TUITION?
Tuition is paid monthly in advance on the 20th of each month with electronic checks or with a credit card on file. You never have to worry about forgetting to pay or paying late. And we can focus our attention on the program and our children.WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
Excellent Care & Education
- Excellent Care and Education for the hours and days you selected.
- Fully qualified-credentialed loving & caring teachers.
- All on campus visitors and activities.
- Open door policy; come in and visit us anytime.
- Daily snacks are provided for infants that are eating solid food and older.
Optional Additional Cost Items
CAN I PAY IN ADVANCE FOR A DISCOUNT?
- Lunches are available for children ages 18 month at an additional cost.
- Field trips are available for children ages 3 to 6 years old at an additional cost.
- Enrichment classes like Soccer, Dance, Keyboards, Karate
Yes you can. If you pay 6 or 12 months in advance by check or cash you can receive a discount of:
- 2% for 6 months (.02)
- 5% for 12 months (.05)
Monthly billing is billed automatically through a checking account or credit card on file.HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY STATEMENTS?
All statements and account information are available electronically anytime anywhere at Tuition Express. You will need your unique Tuition Express ID number from the office. Then you register (once) to establish a user name and password that you will use each time you log in to YOUR ACCOUNT LOGIN.
Go to YOUR ACCOUNT LOGIN (You’ll find it in the Tuition & FAQS submenu) and click on My Account at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Register link to set up your account.
- Enter your Tuition Express ID number (provided by Halsey Schools).
- Enter the Last 4 digits of your bank or credit card account number used for automatic payment.
- Select a Username and Password. You’ll use this information each time you log in to TuitionExpress.com.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
If you forget your username or password you can always re-register.WHAT IS YOUR TAX ID FOR FSA REIMBURSEMENT FORMS?
95-4666027HOW MUCH ARE KARATE, KEYBOARD, SOCCER & DANCE LESSONS?
About usARE YOU A CORPORATION, FRANCHISE, RELIGIOUS, INDEPENDENT?
Halsey Schools is completely independent and is family owned and operated by the Halsey Family; Richard and Judy Halsey and their son and daughter in-law Robert/Bobby and Jenni. Jenni is the Director running the day to day operations. Robert runs the website, marketing, and business side. Richard and Judy are semi-retired and still involved. Read Family Owned & Operated Since 1978, About Us here.DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER LOCATIONS?We currently have one location in Woodland Hills, CA 91364 near Warner Center.HOW LONG HAS THE SCHOOL BEEN AROUND?
Halsey Schools started in 1978 and is family owned and operated. Learn more about us here.
Still Need Help?
Give us a Call
Visiting & Enrolling
Schedules & Calendars
Teacher Education & Information
Policies, Procedures, Plans
Tuition & Billing
Still Need Help?