Themes & Books
This month we will learn about Paleontologists, Geologists, Seismologists, and Meteorologists. Those are some BIG words! 🙂 We will read Mysteries of the Fossil Dig, Reading of the Rocks, The Big One, and The Kid’s Book of Weather Forecasting. And of course we will be having a lot of Autumn, Halloween and pumpkin fun!
Our hours remain 7:30-5:30. For the safety of the children, we are still wearing masks inside & parents can come into the school by appointment only with masks on and proof of immunization. (Not for drop off or pickup.) Keep following our important illness & safety protocols at home and we’ll do the same at school.
Bring it: 10/4 A dinosaur (not a real one silly) | 10/12 Your favorite rock | 10/25 An umbrella
Wear it: 10/20 An shirt with the earth on it | 10/25-28 A Halloween shirt | 10/29 Your best Halloween Costume
California ShakeOut 10/21: Annual World Wide Earthquake drill where millions of people including all of us at Halsey Schools practice & prepare for an earthquake. The imaginary earthquake hits at 10:21. Learn about our emergency plan here. Learn more about the ShakeOut here.
On Campus Field Trip 10/22: 10:00-11:00 our annual on campus “Pumpkin Patch” for all classes: Busy Bees, Dragonflies, Penguins, Pandas , Toddlers & Early Learners. A great time for all when we bring pumpkins and fun for a pretend field trip.
Halloween Party 10/29: Your child’s teacher will be sending home a note letting you know what healthy food item or non food item your child has chosen for you to bring to our Halloween party. Candy, treats, sugar… will be limited. All children should wear or bring a costume to school and should have a change of clothes too. This will be a fun filled day with fun Halloween activities!!
Children MUST be sign in/out. Please sign in/out every day: Sign in using this link or let us know to do it for you. Sign in/out on phone.Or at HalseySchools.com click on the down arrow on the upper right and find Sign in/out. See instructions here.
Wear Sunscreen Everyday: Just because it is Fall doesn’t mean the sunscreen stops. Children (10 months- 6yrs) should come to school wearing an SPF 30 or more on all exposed areas of the skin. If you would like us to re-apply a medication form must be completed. We also recommend wearing a hat. We will be having a lot of outdoor fun! (Always consult your child’s physician.)
COVID Prevention: For the safety of the children, we are still wearing masks inside & parents can come into the school by appointment only with masks on and proof of immunization. Keep following our important illness & safety protocols at home and we’ll do the same at school.
Drop off and pickup remains the same with masks on for parents, teachers and children 2+ | Self home checks and staying home when ill remains the same. | Children 2+ will no longer be required to wear masks during outside playground time and neither will teachers. However, masks are still required inside all the time and outside for pickup and drop off.
We don’t expect any other major changes until we receive the all clear from the Department of Social Services and The County Of Los Angeles Department Of Public Health Order Of The Health Officer. | How we are keeping children, parents and teachers safe click here.
Illness Policy: We follow a strict written Illness Policy
- All families & teachers self-check at home and are checked before entry for any signs of illness. Temperatures are checked. Anything >100° stays home. All illnesses stay home.
- Any COVID-19 symptoms require 1+ negative COVID-19 tests and/or 10-14 day quarantine and no symptoms. And administration/director approval. Read More
- If your child visits a doctor for any illness, please ask for a return authorization note. Halsey Schools reserves the right to exclude a child from school at any time for any reason, even if a doctor or other recommends otherwise
- If we have 3 or more children come down with something (other than COVID-19) we provide more information on the illness.
- Stay home with your child if you, your spouse or anyone else who is in your home regularly like a nanny, grandparent, sibling, cleaning person or your child tests positive for COVID-19. And notify us immediately.