Make Kool-Aid Play dough
You need these ingredients:
- 1 cup salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- A Packet of Kool-aid
- Empty the packet of Kool-aid into the water & mix well. Set aside for later.
- Place all the remaining dry ingredients and the oil into a large bowl.
- Add the water mixture. Stir until all liquid & flour mixture is mixed well.
- If play dough is too sticky, add little amounts of flour till it is no longer sticky
- Play with it!
- Store it in an airtight container or plastic bag for two weeks or so.
It’s safe to eat but I think cardboard is more tasty.
When you make Kool-aid play dough your child will learn:
- Measuring; fractions, cups, tablespoons…
- Comparing & contrasting – bigger, smaller, lighter, darker…
- Expanding vocabulary
- Mixing (with spoon & hands)
- Following written directions
- Reading fractions & numbers
- Feeling different textures
- Different smells
And a lot more!
Doing cooking and science projects together with you children at home is a great way to help reinforce what we are learning at school and strengthen family bonds. I hope you have fun creating memories.